Friday 11 January 2013

Photoshop 3D Anaglyph Action

I cannot for the life of me remember why I was looking at 3D anaglyphs; but for some reason I was.

Well, then I decided to do one. And while doing it I noted what I was doing and created an action to complete all the steps should I ever need to do it again.

The action copies the original layer, then the layer gets desaturated, duplicated, the red and cyan layers are created, the two desaturated image layers are offset, all the layer blend modes are set, and finally the image is flattened.

The action file can be downloaded here:

3D Anaglyph Action

Original Image
Image after the 3D action is run
3D Anaglyph (cropped)

NOTES

As can be seen I had to 'hand crop' the image to remove the shift (which can be seen in the second image as green in the bottom-right corner. No matter how I tried I could not get the action to crop different size images - so I just use the crop tool after.

Supposedly, the 3D anaglyph effect can be obtained on a color image (without the desaturated image adjustment); but the color values change so much it is an individual, per image, thing rather than an action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please note that all comments are not moderated and as such are not the responsibility of this blog; or its author.